Friday, March 20, 2015

CHAAR YAAR AUR PYAAR!!!!!! ;-) Four Friends & Love........

{ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON :
3/7/10, 9:27 PM
India Standard Time}


Hmmm.... I am here again.... But questioning myself, if I am losing focus, or rather if I am getting diverted totally........... because of my card making spree at its HEIGHTS!!!!! I have been enjoying myself preparing lovely card recipes, kinda trying to satiate myself by taking up all those ideas thrown by many professionals, challenging my imagination...... I have been able to cook a few recipes, out of those.... which I have posted on my "Hastkala"...Ashaon Ka....... Do not forget to PEEK-A-BOO!!!!!

Cardinal Desires


I have had several drafts to be posted..... But it was kinda difficult to choose, which one of them, now....... And I found this yummy & one of my favorites, Kichdi....... It is a very common preparation in every household of North India....... The way they prepare differs though..... Mainly, they are prepared plain & simple or sometimes prepared rich & a bit more of a task..... Rich in the sense, of the ingredients used in the process....... Depends on what peeps prefer to & when!!!!!

The simple version is assumed to be a sick patients food...... simply because of the ingredients being limited & cooked so well that it turns out to be a porridge......so as to ease the digestion in favor of the SICK...... My Maa in-law says that it is a must prep, every Saturdays for lunch, because of their belief that it rids off the evils or the Negative Cosmic Effect of the Shani Gruha of that day... which is Saturday.....

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, when I get sick of the usual & regular food, it tempts me to savor something rich & yummy!!! And I turn towards an awesome rice prep for it..... (If I do not order for a home delivery ;-) And when I am tired of fried rice & Pulaos..... I look for a change, in that too..... And that is when, I plan of this rich, juicy & yummy Kichdi...... And this prep becomes rich simply because of all the special ingredients added.... Like the Ghee, the whole Garam Masala & the Vegetables......

And when it is this Rich Kichdi, then it has to be accompanied by the similar match..... By which I mean the additional accompaniments as a side dish...... And it is then I remember the four friends of the Kichdi...... As is said in HINDI - "Kichdi Ke  Chaar Yaar - Dahi, Chokha, Papad aur Achaar" Meaning ....."The four friends of Kichdi are  - Yoghurt or set curd, a potato mash, a cracker and Pickle"...... Once you have them by your side, your Lunch seems to be the last thing u eat...... for that day...... Very filling....  I know it looks & seems ELABORATE..... But it gets digested very easily & by evening you are hungry again..... I remember this song at this moment & changing it a bit to suit myself...here......

Jahan Chaar Yaar....
Miljaaye wahan
Khana ho gulzar....

Jahan Chaar Yaar!!!!




Veggies Kichdi

Okay....... Do not curse me for my ongoing story of its being.... Let's get down to the prep & its ingredients.....


VEGGIES KICHDI

Ingredients:

Rice - 3/4 cup
Tuar Dal + Masoor Dal} - 1/2 cup 
(***I store a mix of both the dals - can be prepared with just Tuar too***)
Cardamom - 4 pieces
Clove - 6 pieces
Cinnamon - 1 piece
Bay Leaf - 2
Fresh Peas - 1/4 cup
Carrot - 1 medium, finely chopped or cubed
Round Beans - 8 pieces, finely cut
Refined Oil - 4tbsp
Ghee - 1tbsp
Coriander Leaves - 5 twigs (washed & finely chopped)
Cashew Nut - 8 pieces
Turmeric Powder - 3/4 tsp
Green Chilli - 2 to 3, slit lengthwise
Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomato - 1 medium, finley Chopped
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt to Taste
Water - 5 cups

Method:

Wash the rice & the dal togehter or separate & keep aside......

Heat oil + ghee in a pressure cooker..... Add the whole garam masala..... like the cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon & cardamom.... Saute for a minute & then add the green chilli & saute further for a minute..... Now add the chopped onions & fry till translucent...... Once done, add the chopped tomatoes & stir fry further & cook lightly covered, for 2 minutes, on medium flame...... Then add all the masala powders & stir fry till all the masala combines well & releases a fine aroma...... Now add the cashew, the washed & cubed veggies & mix well.... Stir fry for a  minimum of 5 minutes...... When done add the washed rice & dal & stir fry for 2 minutes..... Now add the water & stir once to combine all the ingredients.... Now lock the lid of the cooker & let it whistle for minimum 6 whistles.... Then turn off  the flame...... Once all the steam is released, open the lid, add in the chopped coriander leaves & mix once......




Veggies Kichdi

 

CHOKHA

Ingredients:

Potato - 1 medium
Dry Red Chilli - 1
Onion - 1/2, chopped finely
Salt to taste
Mustard Oil - 1/4 tsp
Garlic Cloves - 2 , finely chopped

Method:

Boil the potato & peel the skin off..... Now mash it well...... Now heat the oil in a small fry pan & fry the broken chilli & chopped garlic, till golden brown....... Now add this along with the oil, onto the mashed potato..... Add salt & chopped onions & mix well by hand....... The Chokha or the potato mash is ready......


Veggies Kichdi

SERVING:


Serve the veggies Kichdi, along with the chokha & a dash of pickle, yoghurt & fried crackers or papads..... Add a dab of ghee onto the rice & savor the divinity of this prep, which would reach your soul.... finally....... ALL YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!


Veggies Kichdi

 

Since this a Perfect COMBO preparation..... This prep makes its way to the COMBO EVENT, hosted by Pari, marking her milestone...... This is her very first... Challenge hosting..... I'm glad I could finally be a part of it...... CHEERS!!!

Cardinal Desires

BLOGFARES:

There are a couple of TOFAS, that I need to mention about........

Simply Food shared her love through this cute & yummy TOFA..... The Loyalty Award..... It is really beautiful.... And it was her happiness that made her spread the cheers further...... I am so thankful to her for that cutie......

Loyalty Award

And I would also like to thank Jagruti of Joy OF Cooking, for sharing her TOFAS...... But just like the AD of Bournville, which uses the tagline.... "U DON'T JUST BUY A BOURNVILLE.... U EARN IT" , Jagruti's TOFA comes with a similar tagline too..... U don't just get them... U get them with a tag......

Smart Blogger

Honest Scrap

First, Brag about it.......
Second, flaunt it on your blog & link the one who tagged you......
Third, Share 10 things about yourself..... Which I have done already.... HERE!
And Fourth, Pass the Cheers to peeps, letting them know about it......

Hmmm... Today with all the pleasure & happiness, I request everyone to GRAB IT from here...... PLEASE DO!!!!! I would be happy if u did so..... along with my TOFA........ from my previous post....... (Peeps who forgot to pick it)    ;-) 

Thank You

And this month Jagruti is hosting her first event.... Joyful Eating Whilst Travelling....... So my dear peeps, do send in your entries to this awesome event..... Let us all get hold of those moments of travelling & picture them together..... being a part of your experience...... HURRY!!!!!!

I also thank Daisy Blue of Spicy Lounge for sharing this honest scrap, with me.... Thank You Deary!!!! It means a lot to know that I was thought...... :-) 


And the last but never the least, I am thankful to Fimere of The Delights Of Gourmets for remembering me during her small distribution of TOFA....... She shared this unique cubical piece of TOFA with me.... Thank You!!!!!!

Cubed


Hmmmm...... Well I thought of continuing & ending my EK CHOTISI LOVE STORY...... today.....

HERE is the First Part of my story...... After that lovely, interesting & a private & secret proposal, which was rather a FIRST TIMER....... & after that realisation of our love for each other..... We met everyday.....  He would always wait for me around, & I would drop in, mount the bike & zoom away....... We went on several dates ...... of course.... Our destination was the Sankey Tank...... We shared our thoughts, we shared our opinions, our likes & dislikes, we shared chocolates, we would have our lunch out...... It went on..... We were very soon the TALK OF THE TOWN...... U know!!! how people, especially aunties GOSSIP!!!!! He moved away from my neighbourhood...but not far off.... so that I could visit him conveniently..... Neighbours around thought THAT WAS THE END OF OUR STORY!!!!!!! How Funny & Foolish of them all!!!!!!! to think that I was like them...... Hmm.... who would just give up!!!! like a loser....... I knew what I wanted, FOR & IN MY LIFE........ I wanted to have the LAST LAUGH!!!!!!! I had decided...... He had decided that it was me for him....... Why should anything else bother us???????

After his studies, he went back home, to Giridih, a place in Bihar...... And I pursued my Post Graduation..... We were connected through letters, cards & through out over the phone...... He would call me any time possible..... Early morning, afternoon, evening, late evening, night & late nights too..... We were so stuck to our telephones that, the instrument became a part of us.... It had become the 'TESTIMONY - PERSONIFIED'...... Any moment that I got to get out of home.... I would run to a telephone booth..... And that moment may be the silliest of all.... Like my mom would ask me to get some ingredient she fell short off..... And in the process, I would also make a call & let him know that I was out & for what reason.... And my bills ran up... I needed quite a sum to pay them off..... My pocket money did not have the potential to satisfy it..... I lied for more at home.... But sometimes got caught too...in the process..... After some days Kuku started depositing some money into my account.... That helped me to cope up with my telephone bills & few of my other small expenditures too...... Hmmm.... That was my side of the story....

Kuku called me every now & then..... His father once received a telephone bill of Rs. 25,000 for a month.... after which they locked the STD..... Then Kuku started calling me from the booths around.... He made many BOOTH FRIENDS ;-) ..... He called me up at my computer class.... where I had made friends with all the people around..... One particular guy who I would like to mention is Mr. Palecanda Nanjunda..... Who was young & dashing.... who hailed from Coorg...... He was very understanding & helped me receive calls from Kuku, at his office..... I would never ever forget his support, then......

Kuku came down to Bangalore to see me every Valentine's Day & on My Birthdays..... Never missed on his visits, Either he resided with some of his friends who were here or would take a room at a hotel for his stay... Those days were really such beautiful days, when we were just worried about each other & nothing else under the sun...... Since my DAD was against this alliance....all we thought was how would everything fall into its place.....

At Kuku's place.... He had a big family of 4 sisters & an elder brother & his family...... He was the apple of their eyes..... They loved him so much..... All they wanted was his happiness..... He had kept his family in loop..... He got his sisters to talk to me & got me to speak to his mom, in between too..... They received my communications for him, when he was not around..... I got my mom to talk to his mom too..... Everything was fine, except for my dad.....

Days passed, Months passed, Years passed too...... And with them our love & feelings for each other increased..... We both knew what we wanted..... We were both bent upon making this happen..... And one fine day I wrote to his dad, asking him to fix it all & that only he would be able to convince my dad..... Kuku's papa spoke to him, about what he wanted & when Kuku confided in him, they decided to visit my place & talk to my parents...... I was happy to see some kind of advancement happening.....

It was that day they had to visit my place.... My dad was not at all happy..... He never wanted them to reach home.... He was all cursing me & Kuku...... The most important thing that bothered my dad was the 'BIHARI STIGMA'....

They dropped in by evening..... Kuku, his mom, dad & his little sister..... I was very happy to see that positive response to my letter, from his Papa.... They sat, they spoke their heart out, his mom was a good orator... She had the gift of the gab..... His dad was a gentleman, with a large amount of politeness, generosity, understanding, positivity & words very polished...... My mom became his greatest fan...... She was so impressed by him..... & still is..... His sister was very sweet too.... She clicked a few pictures to register the moment..... & they left......

After they all left.... I over heard my dad tell mom, that the guy was good & so was his family..... That was THE MOMENT...... of relief....... The moment I knew, that  REST WOULD BE FINE..... And so was it..... My parents were invited to his place, they came back very happy & impressed...... The dates were out for all the HAPPY happenings.... by which I mean ceremonies..... And it was decided that the 6th of March would be the official engagement & the 7 th of March would be the WEDDING...... I invited all those nosey neighbours & those gossiping aunties to my wedding, who were all stunned to hear that I was getting married to THAT same guy..... Few of those aunties, did not turn up..... to see me laugh...... Few of them asked me Oh! that guy..... Do show me a snap to remind me of him, to which I humbly replied, do see him at the Wedding Reception...... Ha! Ha! Ha! I deemed with pride, with my head held HIGH, up in the air......

Kuku & his family along with the baraati, (The procession accompanied by friends & family in a Hindu Wedding) came down to my hometown PUTTUR at Mangalore...... Which was surely a journey they would all remember for their entire life..... FOR BOTH THE FAMILIES..... IT WAS A TIME THEY WOULD NEVER FORGET......All those things that they never thought they would ever do or those places they never thought would ever visit..... THEY HAD DONE IT ALL...... 

We got engaged on the 6th, got married on the 7th & left to Bangalore that same night for a reception at Bangalore the next day...which was the 8th of March...... On the 9th, we left to Nagpur, where they resided then...... We reached the next day, which was the 10th.... I was warmly welcomed by my new family....... Their traditional way..... In a BASKET....... That was very funny & interesting.... I still laugh remembering those moments..... The next day that was on the 11th of March was the reception there from the Groom's side..... Thus ended the 12 days of my wedding affair.....

That was the snippet of my HAPPILY MARRIED Love Story...... IN SHORT.... Because if I went into details, I would not have been able to complete my Story even by 8-10 posts........as it involves many many things like people, situations, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks,months & years of love & longing for each other...... ;-)

By the grace of ALMIGHTY! & the blessings of our friends, teachers & families, we tied our sacred nuptial knot on the 7th of March 2002...... Hence we complete 8 YEARS of our MARRIED LIFE TOGETHER, TODAY...... & Look Forward to many more.....  which I am sure of...... even after we are gone......

Hmmm.... but this year, celebration was not like we expected it to be unlike our previous years..... First - my health, Second - we are held up with so many things in hand..... 

 Oh! BTW......people from my home sent me these...... That card was made by my brother........ good one as ever..... We are both kinda stuck up to cards now...... May be it is in our blood... Now I realize..... ;-)  The only difference is that he is a Graphics Designer, who would make cards that way... And I am passionate paper cards maker..... Anyways, Thanks a ton........ for all the efforts he put in to make that for US......

Gifts

Card

Me & Kuku prepared a small, yet nice lunch for ourselves...... I made the Rice & the Kebabs & he prepared his special delicacy... The Chicken Rassa....... And we had a quite lunch together..... It was just the two of us & our LOVE.......... I pray to God, to keep this happiness with me forever....... be it whatever that he takes in return........ from me......

8th Anni LUNCH

So this is Ash...... signing off..... for now.... to celebrate the rest fo the DAY, Oops! night with KUKU.........

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. 54 COMMENTS:
    1.
    Ms.ChitchatMarch 7, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    Wow,loved ur write-up. I felt very close to u after reading it. Best wishes to continue ur love to your husband and may God give u good health and whatever u desire. Btw, loved ur khichdi too :):)
    ReplyDelete
    2.
    kitchen queenMarch 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    as usual Ash dear,it was a pleasure reading ur lovely article.mouth watering khicdi and other tempting eats.Wish u and ur hubby a very very happy wedding anniversary and wishing u both a joyous and long life of prosperity and togetherness.
    ReplyDelete
    3.
    Magia da InêsMarch 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    Olá, amiga!
    Para você:
    "... um mundo mais feminino,
    mais rosado e sensibilizado...
    mais equilibrado e mais perfumado..."
    Feliz Dia Internacional da Mulher!
    Beijinhos.
    Uma ótima semana!...
    Itabira - Brasil
    ReplyDelete
    4.
    FathimaMarch 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    so we get to hear the full story.... :-) Happy Anniversary Guys! Wishing you guys togetherness forever! between all that, that plate of kichadi and your anniversary lunch looks great!
    ReplyDelete
    5.
    Sushma MallyaMarch 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    A very happy wedding anniversary ash and to your kuku....hope u have a wonderful life ahead together and god bless u both with lots of happiness and togetherness always....loved reading your cute love story and was so happy to know that your dad agreed and finally everything went on fine and u had a wonderful wedding!!!! and now coming your recipe, khichdi looks really healthy with so many veggies in it and that platter looks so yum too...and your really very talented to do such beautiful cards ash...very nice one...and happy woman's day too...
    ReplyDelete
    6.
    simply.foodMarch 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM
    What a beautiful love story, so romantic and sweet.The veggie khichdi looks delicious and yummy as does the platter that goes with it and the side dishes.
    Congrats on all your awards wishing you many more to come but above all Wishing you Happy anniversary wishes, praying to god that your love grows each day more and more and wishing you many wonderful blissful years ahead.I dropped by your card blog and leftsome comments.Cards that you have designed are awesome and beautiful.
    OMG what along comment!!!:)
    ReplyDelete
    7.
    JagrutiMarch 8, 2010 at 2:01 AM
    Lovely, romantic and beautiful story of yours...wish you and jijaji Happy Anniversary!! AApka pyar badhta hi rahe, vohi hai tamanna... Khichdi looks so delicious....and thanx for all your effort you are doing for me...Dear..have a great day tomorrow...
    ReplyDelete
    8.
    KFBMarch 8, 2010 at 3:08 AM
    Hi Asha,
    Happy Wedding Anniversary!!! Hope you had a great time.What a romantic story. I am happy that it all worked out for you guys :) Khichdi with the accompaniments looks sooo delicious.
    ReplyDelete
    9.
    Lady BohemeMarch 8, 2010 at 5:36 AM
    Hi, i awards for you! Thanks for your nice comment. Kisses
    ReplyDelete
    10.
    SuparnaMarch 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    hi Asha,
    Wishing you both a very Happy Anniversary! Wishing both of u many more years of happiness.
    God blessu with all that u aspire for!Nice reading about your happy ending love story!the read makes one feel as though they were a part of the happy love story, may be I was ;)
    Wonderful post and wonderful cards :)
    Lovely platter (both)
    Enjoy!
    TC
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11.
    Aruna ManikandanMarch 8, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    Nice reading ur post.

    Happy Wedding Anniversary dear :-)
    Congratulations on all ur well deserved awards.

    Khichdi looks delicious!!!!!
    ReplyDelete
    12.
    NeetzMarch 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    woww..ashu...as usual..ur story of ur life was so intresting to read..u know i really think u should get to start writing a book..wat say ;) ?...

    The kichidi is just awesome dear :)....

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR!!!!
    ReplyDelete
    13.
    TinaMarch 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    Happy wed anniversary dear..Khichdi looks yummy...
    ReplyDelete
    14.
    PriyaMarch 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    First time here, u have a lovely space and enjoyed reading ur write up...khichi looks sooo comforting and Happy wedding anniversary to u!!
    ReplyDelete
    15.
    vineethaMarch 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    Its a beautiful love story dear..Wishing u both a lifetime happiness...Happy annniversry.
    ReplyDelete
    16.
    Sailaja DamodaranMarch 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Congrats & all the best.Ur making me fat bu looking at the pictures.
    ReplyDelete
    17.
    tinaMarch 8, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    Congrats on Eight years! What a lovely story. I was excited to see you make cards. I read Kasey's Corner blog and she also makes cards. Such a neat craft.
    ReplyDelete
    18.
    Sarah NaveenMarch 8, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    Congrats on ur 8th wedding anniversary :).may almighty god bless you both with millions an dmillions of wonderful tomorrows.
    beautiful love story..thanx a ton for sharing it with us :)...i know how phones will become a part of our love story..Me and my Dh , we were engaged for 1 1/2 years, since we were in 2 continents with completely awkward time zone , phone was the lone support :), so as the case with many ..beautiful cards too...
    btw kichdi looks super yummy!!
    ReplyDelete
    19.
    MeenaMarch 8, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    Love the story...very wonderful of you to share...hope both of you have a wonderful, looooong life together!

    First time on your blog...I will be back to check out what you have posted next!
    ReplyDelete
    20.
    Suma GandlurMarch 8, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    Asha,

    That was a long post dear. I almost forgot what I need to comment about. Just kidding.:)
    Love all those cards. I am sure your mom would appreciate your love and hard work behind them.
    Khichdi looks fab.
    Happy anniversary and I wish you many, many more such celebrations and hope your romantic love story continues. :))
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21.
    TrendsettersMarch 8, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    awesome cards, recipes and the story...happy anniversary
    ReplyDelete
    22.
    MeenaMarch 8, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    Lovely story...wish both of you a wonderful, loooong life together!

    First time on your blog...I will be back to check out what you post next!
    ReplyDelete
    23.
    Ramya ManjaMarch 9, 2010 at 4:09 AM
    Awesome Write Up dear(as always)..Every time ur post mesmerizes me and takes me to a different world...Loved reading ur post...All the Best....I wish u have a long life together....

    Loved the rice recipe very much...
    ReplyDelete
    24.
    ChitraMarch 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    Hello ash, My belated anniversary wishes to u dearie..Khichdi looks mouthwatering..Looks like bisibelabhath..Also the blog for cards is looking very nice./.Gr8 job :) Keep rocking :)
    ReplyDelete
    25.
    Viki's KitchenMarch 9, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    Belated Anniversary wishes dear. Very lovely write-up. Enjoyed it thoroughly. That telephone booth thing and the BIG bill reminded me of my very own:)Hats off dear. You made it successful. Proud to read your success da. We too had a tough time during our dating because of the distance , parents, economy and stuff. But the strong will and courage writes the history. My sincere prayers and well wishes to live happily everafter dear.
    Btw, sorry for the late comment. Had some health issues and now I am ok:) Kichidi looks very delicious. Love the entire spread. The greetings look very creative n impressive.
    Happy anniversary and May God shower HIS choicest blessings on you and family always dear.Love, Vicky Xavier.
    ReplyDelete
    26.
    AnuMarch 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    Congrats on ur 8th anniversary.. Kichdi looks delicious.. Congrats on ur awards..
    ReplyDelete
    27.
    Malar GandhiMarch 10, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    Thats an amazing write-up, enjoyed reading to the core...its so complete to read the rest of the love story. Your Dad's words to your mother, was very touch part...I can feel the emotions, exactly. Infact, even tho' it would have been so hard during those days, to make things work...I really like the climax - the way his family came to meet and speak out frankly. We need to appreciate it. Wish many many more happy returns to you and your hubby. Keep smiling.

    Hugs & Love,
    Malar
    ReplyDelete
    28.
    kothiyavunuMarch 10, 2010 at 1:49 AM
    Belated anniversary wishes asha!! kichadi and your anniversary lunch looks fantastic!!
    ReplyDelete
    29.
    AnonymousMarch 10, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    HI Asha,
    Wishing you a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY!!!!
    Anu
    ReplyDelete
    30.
    ruchikacooksMarch 10, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    Belated Anniversary Wishes Ashdidi. Wonderful way to remember the day, it stays in memory for ever no?

    Khichdi looks yum. I wrote a lot of comments for previous post but cant find it..I hope you got the mail that I am hosting an event called home remedies..do participate.
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  4. 31.
    erifiliMarch 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    Hello Ash.I wish you all the best. Happy wedding anniversary.
    ReplyDelete
    32.
    DollyMarch 10, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    So this is your Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani (Amazing story of impossible love- this is the translation from Wiki)..Very touching and well expressed. I could relate to many things from ur story. Loved ur Khichdi with the chaar yaar !!!
    ReplyDelete
    33.
    FoodLoversMarch 11, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    congrats on ur anniversary Asha ...
    Love the pleasant music from ur blog Hope u had a gr8 time dear ....
    ReplyDelete
    34.
    San!!!March 12, 2010 at 3:05 AM
    Hi asha,i think your cute,romantic love story will be a hit if it hits the theaters :) Very much happy for both of you.Congratulations on the eights wedding anniversary.I was so involved with your blurb reading it,i forgot to turn off my milk on the stove :D Well kichdi looks so inviting with so many side.As you said not many likes it,but yours is so tempting.I usually eat them with kaara boondi else it's lil difficult for me to eat it.Thanks for sharing such a healthy version of it asha.
    ReplyDelete
    35.
    CAHİDEMarch 12, 2010 at 3:20 AM
    Bunlar muhteşem görünüyor,güzel yorumlar için teşekkürler...
    ReplyDelete
    36.
    Lady BohemeMarch 12, 2010 at 3:42 AM
    Hi Asha, thanks for your nice comment. Kisses
    ReplyDelete
    37.
    RadhaMarch 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    so sweet!
    ReplyDelete
    38.
    Queen "B"March 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    Aloha my sweet Ash,
    I so enjoyed my visit as I always do:)
    I am sending you best wishes for continued love and success with Kuku.....I am so hungry after your post, so yummy, come by and visit soon,
    love and Aloha
    Brandi
    ReplyDelete
    39.
    CaliMarch 12, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    Hi Asha, thanks for your nice comment to my apple cake..I wish you a nice weekend
    Hugs and kisses
    Cali
    ReplyDelete
    40.
    JGHMarch 13, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    Hi there - I love clicking over here and hearing those little welcome bells chiming! Ash, have you ever thought about becoming a professional card designer ?-seriously, you have talent, girl! Also enjoyed reading about your comfort food - and of course the romance. Can never get enough of that!
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  5. 41.
    PreetyMarch 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    wow i don't know where should i start..

    First of all belated happy anniversary..and love reading your love story and happy ending..i have never been in that kind of situation as mine was arranged marriage so i always wonder how does that feel to be in love before marrg;)..you showed me some through your story..

    and i think you have great talent of card making too..keep it up..

    and all those yummy food, i am hungry now..
    ReplyDelete
    42.
    Hamaree RasoiMarch 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    Hi

    Belated Happy Anniversary to both of you. Your khichdi looks great as well. May love between both of you grow manifolds in the years to come. Also thanks a lot for you r nice comments in my blog today.

    Deepa
    ReplyDelete
    43.
    JPKMarch 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    The food looks delicious!
    ReplyDelete
    44.
    ruchikacooksMarch 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    Updated the post Didi..glad to know that the headache remedy will help you..I get your comments at 3 pm..what are doing awake till 2 in the morning?
    ReplyDelete
    45.
    NithyaMarch 15, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    Wow.. too much out here.. You are really awesome at card making. Simply superb buddy. Loved all the cards. And yup your brother has rocked too. The card looks fantastic :) Wish you a belated happy anniversary dear. :) sorry for being really late.

    And should ofcourse tell abt the kichidi. I have not had such a kichadi before. But now the pics have tempted me so much. So will surely try it out very soon :)
    ReplyDelete
    46.
    Cool Lassi(e)March 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    Dear, Couldn't read the entire story over the weekend. So saved the best story for the last. Good to know that everything came together, just the way it should for you guys. Love the Veggie Kichadi and its 4 friends. The private luncheon you guys prepared for just the 2 of you looks very inviting too. Happy 8th anniversary and many more to come.
    ReplyDelete
    47.
    FimèreMarch 15, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    joyeux anniversaire de mariage longue vie remplie d'amour avec kuku
    bisou et bonne soirée
    ReplyDelete
    48.
    LaavanyaMarch 16, 2010 at 1:19 AM
    The kichdi and the entire spread looks very very tempting. Wishing you the very best on your anniversary!
    ReplyDelete
    49.
    JagrutiMarch 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    Hey Ash
    thank you for your kind words...
    ReplyDelete
    50.
    VaniMarch 17, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    Happy Anniversary, Ash! May your love for each other grow more with each passing year. Happy Ugadi too! Khchdi and the chaar yaar look yum.
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  6. 51.
    Sharon Colaco D'SouzaMarch 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    Belated anniversary wishes. How on earth did I miss this post? When I saw that this was the sequel to your love story, I dropped all my work and sat down to read it! What a beautiful ending! May your love grow with each passing day!
    ReplyDelete
    52.
    Supriya NairMarch 18, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    Luv yur posts...the anecdotes specially. Congrats on 8 years of bonded labor :). Luved yur khicdi recipe.
    ReplyDelete
    53.
    Supriya NairMarch 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    Hi Ash, my girl yu mistook me dear....me and my friends we take that phrase in an innocent note. I am sorry I was in a very jovial mood while writing that comment. So I used the same phrase. I am sorry if i have hurt yu. My feedback was only to congratulate you with good happy years of marriage and fulfillment. Again I am sorry if I have hurt any feelings here. I better use phrases like that personally not through blogs :)
    ReplyDelete
    54.
    ವನಿತಾ / VanithaMarch 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM
    wow..what a amazing writeup..luved word by word..btw my story is also somewhat same kinda..so I cud relate phrase by phrase..Belated wisehs dear..Have a happy years ahead enjoy..
    (slowly read ur posts one by one whenever i get time.)..have a gud day:)
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

All Your Remarks & Observations are of utter importance. Thanks for your Time & Interest!!!!
DO SHARE UR LOVE............. :-)