Friday, March 20, 2015

FAVORITE FLOWERS IN MY GARDEN

{ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON :
10/11/09, 7:52 PM
India Standard Time}


As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, I have lovely flowers at my "ASRA" gardenia.
I am adding a few more to the already existing..... in a new form......
Some Jasmines & Nandi Battalus..... (ನಂದಿ ಬಟ್ಟಲು)

White Jasmines are grown in abundance in the southern regions of India. One can see many species of the same family. Various kinds of them exists. All different in their looks & appearances & also differs in aroma. My favorite is the traditional (ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆ) Mangaluru Mallige.

But there are Kaadu Mallige (ಕಾಡು ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆ) which are wild as the name signifies. There are also sooji mallige (ಸೂಜಿ ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆ) where the petals are sharp & pointed as needles, There are Dundu (ದುಂಡು )Malliges which are round in shape, there are single petaled & multiple layered too. There are just doubles sometimes. They look beautiful & pleasing when they bloom in our gardens & the air is very fragrant too.

Jasmine


Jasmine


Jasmine


Jasmine


Jasmine


Hmmmm.......... And the Nandi Battalus, that I own in my garden are confusingly Nandi Battalu. Because as far as I understand Nandi Battalu is non fragrant. But the one that blooms in my garden are very fragrant because of which one of my friends said that it was not nandi battalu but it was Sugandharaja (ಸುಗಂಧರಾಜ). Anonymous left a comment on my post saying that they were Nandibattalu & not sugandharaja. So I thought, let me just let it be..... I did a severe R & D on the net, but in vain. I did not find a pic of my kind. Somebody must be knowing something about it, if so please throw some light...........

Nandi Battalu


Nandi Battalu

This is 'THE' nandi battalu, non fragrant, that I know & is even in the net. No trace of the above flowers though.

Nandi Battalu


Be it whatever, they are all divinely white in color. They are all the ANGELIC white.

I'm sending this post for the Flower Fest by Manisha.


Nandi Battalu


1 comment:

  1. 9 COMMENTS:
    1.
    Kitchen FlavoursOctober 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    My favourite flowers......looks beautiful....nice to know that u have these in u r garden....
    ReplyDelete
    2.
    kfbOctober 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    Hi Ash, wow the flowers are soooo beautiful.mallige hoovu super aagide, feel like picking them up from the photo!!! my parents also have a beautiful garden with all these flowers and I have grown up with it.now miss having my own garden.neeve lucky to have them in your garden. enjoy maadi :)
    ReplyDelete
    3.
    AshKukuOctober 14, 2009 at 1:45 AM
    Thank You Lubna & KFB for the love shared.... that was really sweet.....
    ReplyDelete
    4.
    Suma GandlurOctober 14, 2009 at 2:32 AM
    Lovely flowers. Mallige hoovu nodi thumba dina agithu. Miss those jasmines.:(
    ReplyDelete
    5.
    Sushma MallyaOctober 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    Hi ash...loved seeing those wonderful flowers in your garden.....even i love gardening a lot, used to do it when i was in india....now staying so far off really miss those days...& thanks a lot for dropping by and leaving a beautiful comment & for joining in as well...hope to c u around more often...do keep in touch..take care
    ReplyDelete
    6.
    SushOctober 15, 2009 at 11:52 AM
    Nice to meet one more Kannadiga in the blog world. First time to your blog. I'm dieing over those mallige.Tumba tumba chennagide mallige hoovina photos.
    Came here from Sia's space
    ReplyDelete
    7.
    Sangeetha SubhashOctober 16, 2009 at 12:34 AM
    Beautiful flower..Amazing!!!Enjoyed ur post filled with flowers...My hobby is gardening and i love flowers a lot... and u have cute space here.Following u!
    ReplyDelete
    8.
    uppalaJuly 13, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    Nice Flowers Asha Keep it up
    ReplyDelete
    9.
    ksnchitradurgaMay 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    Hi I need these flowers for my daily pooja. Where it is available in bangalore. Can you help me out
    My mobile number is 9845080800
    Ksnchitradurga@gmail.com
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

All Your Remarks & Observations are of utter importance. Thanks for your Time & Interest!!!!
DO SHARE UR LOVE............. :-)