Friday, March 20, 2015

CHALLENGING EVENTS - All The Way........

{ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON :
2/21/10, 1:16 AM
India Standard Time}


I thank every one of you, who showered your love & wishes on me & my previous post...... Every single mail I read, made me jump with JOY!!!! It made me start my day with lots of happiness & cheer....... The happiness lasted on my face & lips till the time I went to bed at night, in the form of a smile...... Kindly accept my sincere THANKS.... ALL!!!!!!!!
And as for my story further, I would write about it later... sometime..... I surely will..... as I enjoy sharing my ONLY & MAJOR achievement of my LIFE....
I would like to congratulate Priya of Priyas Recipes on her 200th post..... & thank her for sharing this beautiful TOFA...... as a memento, of, her time of celebrations....... Thank You & God Bless!!!

Make Room 4 LOBIA


Recent days I've just been spending time Blog Hopping & browsing many more interesting sites ..... I came across many Indian bloggers who were into arts & crafts too.... I was so thrilled to encounter their works..... Works of art & joy..... So I was kinda busy & engrossed in enjoying their master pieces..... Meanwhile I came across few challenges & events too.... Hence thought of participating, too..... So this post of today is basically just that..... but all that, with all those awesome challenges ...... ;-)

And hence participating, for the first time, as far as craft was concerned, I clubbed two of them in one of mine.... Because of my recent card making spree, at its heights, I was swayed by these challenges..... It felt like they were at open just for me...... What more.... without wasting a moment.... I indulged myself in a simple card for the occasions......

One is the Black & White + 1 challenge by Michelle of Scrappy Hours & the
Other is the Get Well Soon challenge by Paula of Creative Card Crew......... It is like the creative card crew are up for some scrappy hours.... together...... Hmm.... I like it..... So it is the Get Well Soon with a color theme...... rather a color-less theme, easily conveying, misses & kisses to the person down in health............. :-)

colorless getwell


colorless getwell


colorless getwell

Find a place there for yourself my deary 'first challenged creation'!!!!!!! TATA!!!!! ;-)


I also came across this unique event called 'THE NO COOK EVENT'.... which I found very interesting, because of its name & theme..... My past as far as cooking is concerned has been really bad.....

When I started working, before seven years, I got really exhausted with my timings & traveling...... And after I reached home, I went to bed with my odd working hours.... As soon as I woke up, I got ready for my next shift..... Within no time, my cab was ready to pick me up.... And went the 4 hours long traveling, both to & fro...... I used to be a dead meat :-( by the time, I reached home...

Hence was my routine for a year, as I was in a Graveyard Shift (night shift)..... I never ever cooked at home.... My hubby managed out & me at my work place...... The only thing we prepared at home was hot beverages, Tea or Coffee...... Or just boiled water...... Sometimes, 2 minutes Maggi.....too....

During my offs I was way tired & exhausted & only wanted to spend my time with Kuku..... So always ended up ordering food from food joints & Pizzas from Pizza Corner, or for a change went to mom's place or she packed, parceled or sometimes delivered food home..... On the whole our daily bread was from or at daily eat-outs.....

So with this kinda routine, my first cooking gas lasted for a year or more..... People would be surprised to see that themselves or when I tell them this, which was a fact.....

But after a year, I got my timings changed to a day shift..... which changed my life & routine for good..... To a certain extent, I started preparing meals at home.... I prepared for Kuku & sometimes for my lunchbox too..... I loved it.... I felt more like a married woman, then.... A responsible homely lady....... But even then I did escape cooking many a times due to exhaustion........

But now past 2 years, after I quit my job..... I am the most happiest .... I loved cooking for Kuku & me.... But this became more interesting only after I started off with blogging.... In order to post my preps, I would always discover & look out for varieties.... My hubby is happy, as he gets to taste varieties at home now..... He is 'all thanks to my Blog' !!!!! But still there are days, when I try to escape this routine.... & hunt for some no cooking involved meals or portions of food to just satiate my appetite...... Me, cooking for myself!!!!!??????*****, would be the last thing I would engage or involve myself in....... I prefer to take a corner & cry for no reason than cooking for ME!!!!! Upphh!

And while doing this, one day when Kuku was late to return home & I was hungry..... My eyes fell on the bananas I had in my fruit bowl.... I don't like them until & unless I am suffering from cold..... The thought of the Prasad I ate as a child, at a temple near by, crossed my mind..... It was a simple & yummy prep, but I loved it a lot in the form of Prasad (DIVINE FOOD), to which they added a dash of honey..... So I made it without honey& had it too, to satisfy my hunger pangs then.....

This is what it is ....... Bowled Banana ..... Yes! as the name suggests... it is....... No No! U don't make a bowl out of a banana but simply cut them & transfer into a bowl....... YES!!!!! It is a kind of banana salad, if you may call so or simply is a banana bowl.....ho! ho! & this is how it goes......

Bowled Bananas


Bowl-ed Banana

Ingredients:

Ripe Banana - 1
Dessicated Coconut - 1 tbsp (fresh or frozen)
Sugar - 2 tsp or as desired

Method:

Peel the banana, but of course, & cut them into rounds. Transfer them into a bowl. Add the dessicated coconut in & sprinkle sugar...... You can either leave it for sometime for the sugar to dissolve or have it as it is, if you enjoy the sugary bits & bites......

Bowled Bananas


So you see, without really getting into the kitchen, you can have a healthy, nutritious & yummy bowl of energy..... Hmmmm..... I surely cooked a No Cook meal for the LOVELY ME & this makes its way to the ' NO COOK' Event held by PJ of Seduce Your Taste Buds..........

That is all for now.......

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. 43 COMMENTS:
    1.
    SUFFIXFebruary 21, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    Hi Ash, Glad your moments are in pink, keep it up :), enjoyed ur sense of humour in the banana bowl recipe!! Have a good weekend.
    ReplyDelete
    2.
    NeetzFebruary 21, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    Ashuuuuuu....i too love art work yaar ..but unfortunately i feel like i dont get some ideas to start with.... ashu really u r simply superb dear!!... could you pas me ur email id to my mail so that i can add u as my friend and can chat or mail u for taking lessons from u :)..i m really serious abt this ok :)
    ReplyDelete
    3.
    kitchen queenFebruary 21, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    Hello Ash its so lovely and interesting to read ur personal article and also very nice to read about ur past work life and ur adjustments.It is very sweet of u to share it with us.The banana recipe again as u say reminds me of the temple prasad.
    ReplyDelete
    4.
    Sushma MallyaFebruary 21, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    Hi ash,i just love coming to your lovely blog to know more and more things abt u and the way u write is really interesting...thats a lovely get well soon card and dish is yummy and easy too....
    ReplyDelete
    5.
    priyaFebruary 21, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    lovely dear....glad to know abt ur personal life...banana recipe looks awesome!
    ReplyDelete
    6.
    MichelleFebruary 21, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    Thank you so much for your entry in the February challenge over at Scrappy Hours. I love your sentiment and how you used the color themed challenge as inspiration for your sentiment. I hope you will come back and join in more challenges.

    Hugs,
    Michelle
    ReplyDelete
    7.
    Cool Lassi(e)February 21, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    Looks soooo yummy. It just sounds like a perfect combo. "Get well soon" card looks awesome. Perfect color of that M&M..blue..like its suffering from an attack of blues..It looks great
    ReplyDelete
    8.
    ElizabethFebruary 21, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    Hi Ash - love your monochrome card - you did a beautiful work on that challenge. And I might have to make some no-cook bowled banana for pudding!
    ReplyDelete
    9.
    FathimaFebruary 22, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    I just love ur card! not everryone has such great talents! Keep the ideas going... love ur easy no cook disk tooo... I am sure it will help me in one of those no cook moods...
    ReplyDelete
    10.
    SarahFebruary 22, 2010 at 1:32 AM
    That banana recipe looks so yummy! And so easy too, very nice. :)
    ReplyDelete
    11.
    A 2 Z Vegetarian CuisineFebruary 22, 2010 at 2:36 AM
    What a beautiful monochrome card,with deserving award and bowl-ed banana to celebrate it..perfect.
    ReplyDelete
    12.
    simply.foodFebruary 22, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    Los of hot news and very informative post as for the simple banana recipe ,its very innovative.Keep blogging keep blog hopping .Take care and enjoy to the fullest.
    ReplyDelete
    13.
    My Creative Outlet by JannaFebruary 22, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    Such a striking card! Love the black and white to make the point of the sentiment! Thanks for playing at Creative Card Crew!

    Janna :)
    ReplyDelete
    14.
    kothiyavunuFebruary 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    Hey Asha, How you been. Was away for a while and I guess have missed a few posts..will try to catchup soon..
    Awesome work and nice to know abt ur personal life...banana recipe sounds & looks yummy!
    ReplyDelete
    15.
    SuparnaFebruary 22, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    hi Asha,
    Nice card ..def would cheer up to whomever it's given when fallen sick :) it's a nice entry...and keep the spirit going...
    Yummy banana dish reminds me of the rasayan made for prasadams which I used to have in kidhood ;) its a long forgotten dish thanks the re-visit.
    TC
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16.
    RekhaFebruary 22, 2010 at 2:26 PM
    This is my fav too. I used to have this frequently when I was young, this post reminds me to try it out next time I buy bananas.
    ReplyDelete
    17.
    erifiliFebruary 22, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    Hello Ash.Amazing the black and white card.Nice the story about your personal life.Delicious the bowl-ed bananas.
    ReplyDelete
    18.
    ArtiFebruary 22, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    great card...contrast colors giving nice effect

    www.myyatradiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    19.
    JFebruary 22, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    lovely card.. i liked this simple and swet babana recipe.. cheers
    ReplyDelete
    20.
    JagrutiFebruary 22, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    Hi Ash
    lovely card!! congrats on your awards and yummy banana dish...pics looks beautiful..
    ReplyDelete
    21.
    Pauline CFebruary 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    Great fun card - very cute :-) Thanks for joining in the Creative Card Crew Challenge this time.
    Pauline x
    ReplyDelete
    22.
    Ramya ManjaFebruary 23, 2010 at 12:45 AM
    Wow awesome card Ash,loved the black & white theme...The bowl looks delicious..Should try ur way...
    ReplyDelete
    23.
    Siddhi SFebruary 23, 2010 at 1:50 AM
    hi Ashalata...this is my first visit to ur blog...u hv a lovely blog with awesome recipes and superb cards too...this bowl of banana recipe is very interesting,nice combo...thnx for sharing...Hey i am following u so that i can track all ur future recipes and visit them n comment.

    http://siddhiscookingexperiences.blogspot.com/
    ReplyDelete
    24.
    vineethaFebruary 23, 2010 at 3:50 AM
    Hai Asha,
    I m fine dear,I am not getting enough time these days for blogging with my lil one around..He takes only short naps during day time so I find it hard to sit infront of laptop.
    I read ur post,I hope u r enjoyig the role of homemaker.
    I love to eat banana this way..yummy.
    ReplyDelete
    25.
    Daisy BlueFebruary 23, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    Hey nice name for the dish !! and a lovely blog...following you..
    ReplyDelete
    26.
    Lady BohemeFebruary 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    I love banana recipe,is really excellent! Thanks for your nice
    comment. Kiss
    ReplyDelete
    27.
    FoodLoversFebruary 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    Hi Asha ,
    How r u doing dear !! lovely write up enjoyed reading ur post ...yummy treat with bananas
    ReplyDelete
    28.
    RohiniFebruary 23, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    LOL dear.. True, even when I was working, most of our meals were taken care by restaurants or home-delivered by amma.. I was all smiles when you said that your gas cylinder used to last for an year.. Same pinch!! :D
    Bowled Banana looks so tempting, perfect meal when we make it for ourselves..!
    And oh, the cards are soo lovely as always!
    ReplyDelete
    29.
    CAHİDEFebruary 24, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    Çok güzel görünüyor.Çok beğendim!
    ReplyDelete
    30.
    PariFebruary 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    hi. it's good to see more of ur creative side. the bowled banana looks fantastic and so quick to prepare.
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  3. 31.
    SpiceFebruary 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    Hi dear, nice write up......no doubt bowled banana is good, but to me that card is more important, really good work......nice keep posting your artwork as I also spend my half of blogging time checking all the wonderful craft blogs....take care..
    ReplyDelete
    32.
    FimèreFebruary 24, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    une belle combinaison entre les bananes et la noix de coco, j'adore
    bonne journée
    ReplyDelete
    33.
    AshaFebruary 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    Oh Ash, did I miss your last post? So sorry, had a bust=y weekend, didn't log on for 3 days last week.

    Love love Balehannu Prasada, love the aroma and the taste too, great entry.

    Just saw your comment, replied. Nannabittu suggige hogibittra neevella? I so envy you.

    Here is my Akki rotti post, I love it with enngayi too.

    http://foodieshope.blogspot.com/2006/08/rice-rotti-coffee-plantation-style.html
    ReplyDelete
    34.
    Malar GandhiFebruary 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    WOw, man you are so creative, loved ur black and white creation, beautiful...infact liked the wordings so much...very girlie:)

    Hmmm, its good to know more about you:) Yeah night shift must be horrible, I can imagine. Good to know that now you are spending time for ur family:)

    Banana and coconut combo' sounds very refreshing, perfect:)
    ReplyDelete
    35.
    SwarnaFebruary 24, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    Came here hoping the love story would be continued but disappointed anyway got excited by looking at your creative work ..excellent and keep rocking girl ..
    ReplyDelete
    36.
    Ramya VijaykumarFebruary 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    Nice work there Ash... Your gas cylinder lasting a yr oh that never happened when we girls stayed at a home in hyd, for all reasons we cooked and had fun but definitely we were lazy and ofcourse the cylinders were very very small thats the trick actually!!! Bowled banana, that was humourous and the dish indeed brings childhood memories!!! Nice one!!! But we use milk and or milkmaid sometimes to make it more rich!!!

    http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com
    ReplyDelete
    37.
    BiscuitlidFebruary 25, 2010 at 1:18 AM
    what a fun get well card, love the image and your handwritten sentiment

    Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x
    ReplyDelete
    38.
    ruchikacooksFebruary 25, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    Didi, you are very creative, good that you are sharing all this with us instead of being in the office all tied up.
    ReplyDelete
    39.
    SushFebruary 25, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    black & white card is beautiful. Great creativity. I lack in all kinds of crafts :( Wish I could learn some now :)
    Balehannu rasayana is making me drool Asha.
    ReplyDelete
    40.
    SushFebruary 25, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    One more thing, I feel there are a lot of graphics in your blog. Hence, it takes quite a lot of time for me to open your blog. Please dont think otherwise. I don't know if it is just me or others are also facing the same problem :(
    ReplyDelete
    41.
    Queen "B"February 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    Aloha Ash,
    I have enjoyed my visit as always, you are so fun and positive. I love your energy!!
    so glad to see you are well my sweet friend
    sending you warm sunshine from Hawaii
    Brandi
    ReplyDelete
    42.
    TurmericnspiceMarch 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    The rasayana is something that we enjoyed in childhood....and still love it. An all time fav :)
    ReplyDelete
    43.
    krishviDecember 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    hi Asha,
    Loved your bread pudding recipe..
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

All Your Remarks & Observations are of utter importance. Thanks for your Time & Interest!!!!
DO SHARE UR LOVE............. :-)