Friday, March 20, 2015

NUTRELLA SOYA NUGGETS RICE (Meal Maker Veggie Pulav, Soya Chunks Rice) - & A Note Of THANKS To All Appreciations; PAY IT FORWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON :
10/30/09, 11:42 PM
India Standard Time}


I never knew of soya nuggets till I met Kuku, as it was not generally used in any Mangalorean Cooking.... til then. But when I went to see Kuku, as I mentioned in my prior post of Chilli Paneer, I enjoyed the food, his cook prepared....and that was where I was introduced to these meat balls look alike soya chunks......
When in gravy, the way the cook prepared it, it tasted just like non veg...And after that day, I told mom that we could try it too.....& that it tasted good. She likes it too....And when she visits me, she asks me to prepare it for her, as they generally do not use it still, in their cooking....

When I'm short of vegetables, then I opt for this, either a gravy, or anything dry out of it. This time I thought as we use chicken with rice, why can I not use this too....It had been days since I had prepared this dish..but totally forgot with the Diwali Dhamaka around...And the other day when I read Shailaja's post on her blog....It reminded me of this dish, lost in my draft somewhere....Hence I'm posting a long lost & recipe...finally today...many days past Diwali....

-->Ingredients:
Soya Nuggets Rice

Soya Nuggets – 1 morsel or about 15 pieces
Long Grained Rice or Basmati – 2 cups
Onions – 1 big, finely sliced
Green Chilli – 2 to 3, slit lengthwise
Carrots – finely chopped, ¼ cup
Peas – ¼ cup
Round Beans – finely chopped, ¼ cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Bay leaf (Pulav Leaves) – 2
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1” piece
Cloves – 2 to 3
Cardamom – 1
Oil – 2tbsp
Ghee – 2tbsp
Water – 3 ½ cups or as required
Salt to Taste
Cashew Nuts – 1 morsel or 15 to 20 pieces
Milk or Curd – 1 cup (optional)
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – ½ cup, finely chopped

Method:

Wash the Soya Nuggets & par boil with enough water. Wash the rice & keep it soaked in water, aside.
Heat oil & ghee in a wide mouthed pan or handi or a Cooker. Fry cashew nuts till golden & remove to keep aside.
Now add jeera, pulav leaf, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom & stir once.
Soya Nuggets Rice


Soya Nuggets Rice


Once the whole garam masala has been fried & releases a nice aroma, add slit green chilli & sliced onions. Sauté, till onions are translucent.


Soya Nuggets Rice


Add ginger garlic paste & sauté for a minute or two. Now add all the veggies & sprinkle some salt. Cook the veggies covered for 5 minutes, stirring at regular intervals. Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and red chilli powder & mix well. Stir fry for a minute again. Now add the curd & stir further. Then add the Soya nuggets & the chopped mint leaves & mix well;


Soya Nuggets Rice


Stir fry for 2 minutes; now add the washed & drained rice & stir fry for 2 minutes further.
Add water & salt if required….
Soya Nuggets Rice


Turn the flame to medium…Cook it covered.
If being cooked in a cooker, increase the flame, for 4 whistles.

Once the rice & veggies are cooked, sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves & cashew nuts to garnish…


Soya Nuggets Rice



-->
Serve it hot with just raitha, mushroom gravy or any other gravy of your choice….


Soya Nuggets Rice



Hmmmmmmmm.............

Last But Not The Least......Time to Share My Love....YES! MyTime to PAY IT FORWARD .... .

Thanking again, for all the adorable awards…shared with me…. I would love to share them with my fellow bloggers & new friends in my life….

Kindly Accept.....post them in your blog....& share it with ur friends too............

3 Beers!!!!!!!!! ;-) to Blogging.....Let us all continue to Rock as always..........

Thank You Indu for sharing these awards mentioned below…….

Giant Bear Hug
Which I would love to share as a token of my love,

With,

Anitha, Tina Noble, Kathy, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria , Prasu, Anupama, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Santoshi, Sush, Sailaja, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Aysha Dileen, Indu S, KFB, Jane, Sukanya Kumar, Elizabeth, Pavithra, Sushma Mallya, Ashwini, Ambika,


Kindly Accept......... :-)

Love To Read
To read a writer is for me not merely to get an idea of what he says, but to go off with him and travel in his company. - Andre Gide
Hence I love to share this piece with,
Anitha, Tina Noble, Kathy, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Anupama, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Santoshi, Sailaja, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Elizabeth, Pavithra, Ashwini, Ambika,

Kindly Accept........ :-)

Presents
You fancy the food, that is presented well..... I'm not sure of my food, but undoubtedly, the peeps here do present their work well .... me & my family simply love their work of art....Hence I would like to share this piece of Award
with,
Tina Noble, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Sush, Sailaja, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Aysha Dileen, Jane, Sukanya Kumar, Elizabeth, Pavithra, Sushma Mallya,

Kindly Accept........ :-)

Yum
Who can resist Yummilicious food????????? None.........I here by share my Yum Award with,
Tina Noble, Kathy, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Anupama, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Sush, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Aysha Dileen, Ambika,

Kindly Accept......... :-)

cook around
Some peole just love cooking round the clock...as it's a passion for them.... Maa in-law, Bhabi & Alka Di are few people I knew who enjoyed it to the core, never complaining....always offering... I personally consider peeps below for this as I see them posting several recipes for a day..... It means that they are .... game for it, round the clock.....So I tag this Passionate Award to,
Kathy, Sailaja, Krishnaveni, Esai Selvi, Indu S,

Kindly Accept............. :-)

Inspires
Few only cook what they know they can cook, but few others dare to try their creativity..... And I am really inspired by those few...& I tag this award realising their creativity, to,
Tina Noble, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi, Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Santoshi, Sush, Sailaja, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Aysha Dileen, Indu S, KFB, Sukanya Kumar, Elizabeth, Pavithra, Sushma Mallya, Ashwini, Ambika,

Please Accept......... :-)
Kreativ
"Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation & a pinch of creativity"
.....Quotes Bo Bennett

Some of the creative piece of work that inspires me, to do the do.....& who I tag this award to,
Tina Noble, Kathy, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Anupama, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Santoshi, Sush, Sailaja, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, KFB, Elizabeth, Ambika,

Kindly Accept......... :-)
lovely
"All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action" .... James Russell Lowell

I thank Sushma Mallya from the bottom of my heart for the lovely Giant ‘Bare Hug’ & One Lovely Blog Award,

& tag the One Lovely Blog Award to,

Tina Noble, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Santoshi, Sush, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Jane, Sukanya Kumar, Elizabeth, Pavithra, Sushma Mallya, Ashwini, Ambika,

Kindly Accept......... :-)

Cheers
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ..... Lao Tzu
I would love to share this piece of love with all those bloggers whose work I love & admire.....
Kindly accept, post & you may distribute it with your friends too.........
Anitha, Tina Noble, Kathy, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Anupama, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Santoshi, Sush, Sailaja, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Aysha Dileen, Indu S, KFB, Jane, Sukanya Kumar, Elizabeth, Pavithra, Sushma Mallya, Ashwini, Ambika, &

Bharathy, Katherine, MGM, Reva (Harsha), Megan, Pooja, Cathy, Shreya, Ramya, Gayathri, Tina, Jen, Bill Austin, Manjula, Laavanya, Christina, Dibs, Sangeeta Khanna, Uma, Allie Brown, Rashi Chaturvedi, Neha.........

Kindly Accept.......... :-)
Asra Award
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”- John Quincy Adams

"Recognition is a factor of motivation, which augments the ability of contribution"....... Ash ;-)

When I started off with this blog, i dreampt of recieving as well as presenting appreciations.... And it has come true in the form of, this piece of award. And as I had promised, I would love to do my bit by tagging peeps of 'BLOGGYWOOD' with this award.....

Anitha, Tina Noble, Kathy, Sangeetha Subash, Sanghi , Faiza Ali, Pria, Prasu, Anupama, Rohini, Sarah Naveen, Sangi, Santoshi, Sush, Sailaja, Krishnaveni, Chitra Sendhil, Priyadarshini, Nithya, Esai Selvi, Dakshayini & Rashmi, Aysha Dileen, Indu S, KFB, Jane, Sukanya Kumar, Elizabeth, Pavithra, Sushma Mallya, Ashwini, Ambika,

Kindly Accept........ :-)

ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL........... CONGRATS ON YOUR BLOGFARES.....................

HAPPY BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. 45 COMMENTS:
    1.
    tinaNovember 1, 2009 at 2:57 AM
    Wow! You are definitely sharing the love today! So nice!
    ReplyDelete
    2.
    ElizabethNovember 1, 2009 at 3:23 AM
    Firstly wow - what a great recipe. My husband Mike loves cashews so I am going to have a go at making this for him. I love to cook Indian food and your recipes always too wonderful.

    Secondly, thanks so much for passing on your awards - they are very well deserved. I always tell my friends and family to visit your blog. X
    ReplyDelete
    3.
    TinaNovember 1, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    O God lots of awards for me..thanku dear....Im a great fan of soya..so thanku so much for this rice recipe.
    ReplyDelete
    4.
    Sushma MallyaNovember 1, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    Pulav looks so delicious, yet to try with soya chunks,must be very tasty to have also,lovely pic and presentation as well...really admire ur efforts to post every step of the recipe u make..not that easy to do also...and congraz on all the awards,hope theres lots more of it coming ur way,& thanks so much for thinking abt me as well,u made my day Ash:-)
    ReplyDelete
    5.
    my kitchenNovember 1, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    Yum yum Meal maker rice,Nice step by step clicks,Pass that plate to me.Congrats on ur Awards dear.Thanks for Remembering me.Enjoy Maadi
    ReplyDelete
    6.
    kitchen queenNovember 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    Hi Ash u have posted ur new bright as always ans delicious recipe with beautiful pictures.I can give u an award for a colourful and beautiful blog.Thank u so much so sweet of u to rain awards on me considering me eligible for it I accept ur awards with great honour and once again thank u so much dear.
    ReplyDelete
    7.
    kitchen queenNovember 1, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    Hi Ash u have posted ur new delicious and yummy recipe with beautiful pictures.They look so tempting. and thanks for raining awards on me so sweet of u to consider me eligible for these awards.I accept all ur awards with honour.I should give u a beautiful colourful blog award for the wonderful colourful picture of all ur recipes
    ReplyDelete
    8.
    santoshiNovember 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    Thanks a lot for the lovely award.
    ReplyDelete
    9.
    Sailaja DamodaranNovember 1, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    Looks perfect....yummy
    ReplyDelete
    10.
    SushNovember 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    pulao looks great & happy kannada rajyotsava :)
    Congrats for your awards & thanks a lot for passing few of the awards to me. I will put them in my coming posts.
    ReplyDelete
    11.
    BharathyNovember 1, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Enjoy the awards!!!!...a real Great Bunch!..
    Cheers to the beers!! ;)
    Thanx a lot for passing along, girl!
    Love the recipe!.. :)...nice pics too :)
    ReplyDelete
    12.
    *sangi*November 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    Fabulous click!Luv this Pulav...so colorful&nutritious too.
    Congrats on ur well deserved awards dear&thank u soooo much for thinking of me....
    ReplyDelete
    13.
    chakhlereNovember 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    First time at your blog!! You have nice blog with great recipes.

    Soya pulav looks absolutely yummy and healthy!!
    ReplyDelete
    14.
    JenNovember 1, 2009 at 11:44 PM
    Thank you so much!! Your words are too kind! I've never seen this award before!! So thanks!!!
    ReplyDelete
    15.
    Sarah NaveenNovember 2, 2009 at 4:14 AM
    Soya rice looks so yumm!!!!
    Congrats on the award shower dear..!!!!
    Thanks a lot for thinking of me too :)
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16.
    KrishnaveniNovember 2, 2009 at 5:52 AM
    Hi Ash...
    The rice looks very Yummy....
    Thanks a ton for the awards:)
    ReplyDelete
    17.
    Sukanya RamkumarNovember 2, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    Great rice dish. Looks so good. Nice recipe. Looks so appetizing. Congrats on ur awards.... Thank u so much for passing me some of them....
    ReplyDelete
    18.
    PriyaNovember 2, 2009 at 7:38 AM
    U cannot share the awards from my contest..sorry..i already messaged u abt this...
    Pulav luks yummy..thank u for array of awards...bye..
    ReplyDelete
    19.
    ChitraNovember 2, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    This pulao with soya chunks is very new to me,I like soya chunks a lot.Have bookmarked this..Thanks a ton for sharing these wonderful awards with me.... u are a lovable person :)I value ur comments in my blog.i tell u at this time:)
    ReplyDelete
    20.
    RohiniNovember 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    Wow.. Yummy mouth-watering pulav! It's been quite sometime I played around with Soya nuggets.. Guess its time again :)
    Congrats on your rain of awards dear, you deserve them! And thanks for remembering me too buddy, I'm honored! :)
    ReplyDelete
    21.
    AnupamaNovember 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    I've been waiting for some recipe to use soy chunks... this is great!
    ReplyDelete
    22.
    PJNovember 2, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    Hi Asha.First time here.Congrats on the awards.My nephew loves soya nuggets,bookmarked this recipe.Looks yummm
    ReplyDelete
    23.
    Sangeetha SubhashNovember 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM
    Soya chunk Rice looks awesome and great recipe...

    Congrats wish u get lots more in future....and Thanks for thinking of me and sharing with me dear!!
    ReplyDelete
    24.
    A 2 Z Vegetarian CuisineNovember 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM
    Heartiest congrats on all your awards...I have been waiting for soya recipe since long...glad that i found one....come visit our blog sometime...
    ReplyDelete
    25.
    GulmoharNovember 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM
    My daughetr would love it since she is a soya fan...Congrats on the award shower.Following you from now...:-)
    ReplyDelete
    26.
    priaNovember 3, 2009 at 2:55 AM
    CONGRATS dear, and thanks for sharing it :)
    ReplyDelete
    27.
    Magia da InêsNovember 3, 2009 at 5:37 AM
    Olá amiga!
    Conheci seu cantinho... lindo, criativo nutritivo e delicioso!...
    Amei mesmo!!!
    Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!
    Espero você em:
    magiadaines.blogspot.com
    Uma ótima semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Itabira - Brasil
    ReplyDelete
    28.
    PrathibhaNovember 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    Nice blog dear...lovely rice..
    ReplyDelete
    29.
    AshKukuNovember 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Magic Ines said ...

    Hello friend!
    Met your corner ... beautiful, creative, nutritious and delicious! ...
    I loved it!
    Congratulations on your work!
    I hope you at:
    magiadaines.blogspot.com
    A great week!
    Hi.
    Itabira - Brazil

    SECOND LAST COMMENT TRANSLATED.... FROM PORTUGUESE TO ENGLISH
    ReplyDelete
    30.
    SanghiNovember 3, 2009 at 12:20 PM
    Lovely rice da! congrats on the awards da! Thanks for passing it to me da!
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

  3. 31.
    SriLekhaNovember 3, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    wow! looks delicious!
    do visit my blog when u find time!
    ReplyDelete
    32.
    NostalgiaNovember 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    Awesome!
    ReplyDelete
    33.
    KatherineNovember 4, 2009 at 2:51 AM
    Oh WOW my mouth is watering!! That looks simply amazing!!

    Your blog design is one of the neatest I've seen too... I plan to return!
    ReplyDelete
    34.
    VrindaNovember 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    First time here..u hav yummy blog...Yummy and healthy rice..V use these soya chunks in veg biryani..
    ReplyDelete
    35.
    ARUNANovember 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    Hi Asha,

    I'm so glad u bumped into my space and thereby i landed up in urs. Loved ur presentation! Its all very neat and i see a lot of awards here!!! Nice job.
    ReplyDelete
    36.
    Faiza AliNovember 5, 2009 at 2:37 AM
    Yum yum...very yummy and healthy recipe. And Thanks dear for all the awards...will pick them all soon....Love your blog...and by the way...even I am from Bangalore :-)
    ReplyDelete
    37.
    Malar GandhiNovember 5, 2009 at 6:52 AM
    WOw, biriyani looks too good, thats a healthy one for sure. I hardly find here that soya chucks...wish I get it...will try ur recipe.:)

    Congrats on ur awards, dude...enjoy. Happy blogging.
    ReplyDelete
    38.
    Ms.ChitchatNovember 5, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    Hi Asha

    Interesting recipe. Loved your colorful blogsite. Following you.

    Chitchat
    http://chitchatcrossroads.blogspot.com/
    ReplyDelete
    39.
    AnonymousNovember 5, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    hi Asha,
    Stumbled upon ur blog by chance :) am glad that I did. U have a very creative space. Enjoyed reading most of ur posts, ur pictures are beautiful.Hope to c u more often.
    God Bless
    TC
    ReplyDelete
    40.
    JaneNovember 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    Hi Asha, thanks for recipe!
    ReplyDelete
    41.
    Sandhya HariharanNovember 5, 2009 at 10:43 PM
    landed in your blog... by chance.. and I am glad tat I m here...
    Wow wot a pilav... I have been looknig at options of using Soya Nudgets... Here I find a beautiful post!!

    Congrats on all ur awards!
    Do visit my blog when you get a chance.
    http://www.sandhyas-kitchen.blogspot.com
    ReplyDelete
    42.
    SuparnaNovember 6, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    My first visit to ur blog, very nice and elaborate posts. Nice to read about ur life and experiences. I sense so much of excitement in the write ups. Nice M'lore and Bihari recipes.
    I liked the sattu paratha post a lot.
    Do visit my blog when u have the time :)
    ReplyDelete
    43.
    PreetyNovember 7, 2009 at 12:26 AM
    love the idea of using soya in rice..
    ReplyDelete
    44.
    SanjanaNovember 14, 2009 at 11:01 PM
    Hi Ash, this recipe looks really yummy! This is something I would love to eat- I'd probably eat a whole plate of it! Great blog! Please do stop my my blog KO Rasoi some time!
    -Sanjana
    ReplyDelete
    45.
    Devi MeyyappanJanuary 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM
    wow... looks very nice!... well explained pictures!!.. I use to do this recipe whenever I call over some friends :).. but never tried with cashew... that shud be very delicious, next time will remember to add it :):), thank you!
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

All Your Remarks & Observations are of utter importance. Thanks for your Time & Interest!!!!
DO SHARE UR LOVE............. :-)