Wednesday, March 18, 2015

MANGALORE BUNS (Mangalooru Buns)

 {ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON :
3/1/09, 5:49 PM
India Standard Time}


"Mangalore Buns" is one of my many favorite Mangalorean Preparations. I associate this preparation with my Dodappa (Badepapa). I still remember that one evening, when he took me as a kid, down to a small hotel, near his post office where he worked. He treated me with buns & coffee. I simply can never forget this treat, as that moment haunts me till date. If my dodappa was alive, I would have gone out on many more treats. I would have treated him with his favorites & he would have been happy to see me married to Kuku. We would all have had a different life with him. He still being an elder member of the family. My Dodamma (Badimaa) would have been happy. Oh!!!! I can not imagine how it would have been. But may be God did not want this. We all Love you Badepapa. I will remember that buns & coffee, that I had with you, forever.

In
gredients:


Curds/Butter milk - 2 cups
Maida - 2 cups

Sugar - 3/4 cup

Salt to taste

Banana - 2 small/1 big

Atta (optional) - 1/2 cup

Soda Powder - 1/4 tsp


Method:


Into a deep bottomed vessel add sugar & then mix in curds well into it. Check to see sugar has dissolved well.Now add bananas & mix well so that no lumps are formed. Now add salt & soda powder & stir well. Now continue adding maida & keep kneading to a soft dough. If using the optional atta, it can be added before maida. Now leave this soft dough aside for 8 hours to let it ferment.


Roll into small pooris & deep fry.








Simply eat it plain or accompanied with anything spicy.

1 comment:

  1. 2 COMMENTS:


    santoshiMarch 1, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    Nice recipe. I love your blog title "Asra Ashaon ka"

    ReplyDelete

    AshKukuMarch 1, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    Thankyou Santoshi. I'm new to blogging. Just started. I checked your blog. Your "BLOG IS BEAUTIFUL".

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

All Your Remarks & Observations are of utter importance. Thanks for your Time & Interest!!!!
DO SHARE UR LOVE............. :-)